Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Leg of Sven


Actually, I don't know the name of the leg's owner. I just know that the publishers of Swedish magazine, Tare Lugnt, decided to release their third edition as a tattoo.
You'll find more pics, plus a Youtube video, if you click here.
The thing I find most shocking is that this human mag didn't bother to buy new undies for the photo shoot.
All that pilling around the crotch is so not a good look.
It raises some interesting possibilities, though, in these times of dwindling magazine and newspaper circulation.
I mean, who wouldn't be interested in an edition of Inside Out tattooed all over Orlando or Brad or George, if only to find out where they placed that retro lamp?
And that's all from me this week because the weather down here has been unbelievably good and is threatening to stay that way until Sunday.
I've already backfilled a retaining wall with sand (which was as exciting as it sounds) and today I'm finishing painting the shed.
See you next week.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I see what you mean about the pilling..not a good look!! Could not figure out all the words in the article but it must be worth the pain having it tattooed on ones leg. Also it looked quite freshly done (i have a tat).
Have fun :P doing those jobs, i feel guilty I should be doing some jobs here too but study is a bit more important, weekend is looking good for jobs around the house.

Gail Coleman said...

First Michele, who cares what is tattooed over Orlando, Brad or George as long as it's edible.
And second, as sick as it sounds, I want to know how the pilling got there in just that spot.

Bilby P. Dalgyte said...

I harldy think he's going to get much circulation where there's only one copy of this and it's his leg :P

Backfilling retaining walls with sand sounds really fun :D Like, more fun than playing video games or sports! :P

Denise said...

The tattoo recipient is obviously a boy who wouldnt have given a toss about his attire for the photo...but it is true that I, too, tend to focus on the off-camera action. Take tonight's Spicks'n'Specks, where they finished with some Cuban break dancers dressed in full body lycra suits. I'm sure their dancing was great, but I couldn't drag my eyes away from those little knobs poking out from the middle of the screen.

Michele said...

Birgitta: I just wonder what he's going to look like when he's 90 and the writing on his thigh has slipped down to his kneecap.
Gail: I'd say it's from getting out those difficult stains with Velvet soap.
Bilby: backfilling retaining walls does give you a deep sense of achievement but only when you've finished and you're looking at it with a drink in your hand.
Denise: me too. I couldn't take my eyes off them. It was like watching a road accident, only bouncy.

Anonymous said...

Michele where do you find these articles, that is coming from someone who does not buy magazines, just reads the ones in waiting rooms!!!
Backfilling - WOW your Bingo Wings would look wonderful.
Things could be worse - you could be doing what i am doing, 40+ & playing in a netball competition with 19 year olds.
halfpint

Eleanor said...

This is such a weird thing to do to yourself ... I mean he can't even read it because it would be upside down to him, wouldn't it?

I don't know what has happened to the rain down this way - our rainwater tanks are dry - Walpole is meant to be so wet! Not this year ...

Michele said...

halfpint: my bingo wings should be magnificent bingo muscles by the end of the week - there's still lots of backfilling to do. Re playing netball with 19-year-olds: Do you have a deathwish or are you fabulously fit?
Eleanor: Albany's pretty dry too. Not that I care at the moment. I finished painting the shed this afternoon and I'm absolutely buggered.