Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Poxy lady? Let's hope not.


Spotted in a supermarket carpark last week, one of those Wicked rental camper vans with the following slogan painted on the back: "If God were a woman would sperm taste like chocolate?"
As an atheist, this is a hard one to answer but I'd like to think that if there was a God and she was female, she'd have the imagination to go seasonal.
Beer and seafood in summer, roast chook in winter, chocolate on birthdays (and let's not forget special catering for those who have allergies, gluten intolerances etc).
Unfortunately, all of that wouldn't fit on the back of a van so I can see why whoever wrote it just went with chocolate.
But while we're on the subject of spotted, it's one of the reasons I haven't been around lately.
Son, who lives on his own, came down with chicken pox, big time, as in really ill.
He's now better and my husband and I are waiting to see if the pox will be passed on to us.
We both think we had it when we were kids but my husband can't check because he's an only child and both his parents are dead.
My mum says she doesn't remember me having it but then my mum's reached an age where one in 10 conversations start like this:
Mum: "I read that book you were telling me about, what was it called, you know, the one that was made into a film with...what's his name?...I saw him on TV last week with that woman who was married to Xavier Cugat...Ron! What was the name of Xavier Cugat's third wife?...it's on the tip of my tongue..."
Suffice to say, every time we itch, we panic.
And in case you're wondering, Xavier Cugat's third wife was Abbe Lane.

13 comments:

Suzanne said...

Welcome back, Michele. So glad your son is feeling better, and fingers crossed for you and your hubby. I know that itch worry. Friends visited us with two kids who had nits. My head was itchy for days after that! Fortunately, it was all in my head.

Suzanne

Bilby P. Dalgyte said...

You mean it DOESN'T taste like chocolate!? No wonder she doesn't want t- a friend of my mothers once had chicken pox three times :P Yeah that's one lousy immune system if it can't well... become immune to the chicken pox. Anyhoo hope you don't get sick :) I'd miss the blogs

Bilby P. Dalgyte said...

Of course my ignorance then poses the question: what DOES it taste like?

Michele said...

Suzanne: boom, boom (and heehee, and thanks for the good wishes).
Bilby: thanks for your kind thoughts. In answer to your second comment: ask your mother :)

Unknown said...

One can but wonder...who comes up with these things..

Bilby P. Dalgyte said...

No. Just no. That was cruel... urgh. My parents don't have sex lives you can't convince me otherwise! (lalalalalalala)

Unknown said...

would it not be typical, child sick then we get sick? hope you are well and that you do not get the pox.
my daughter is now home from hospital and on the road to recovery.

Michele said...

Birgitta, you must be thrilled your daughter's getting better, hope you celebrated with a bottle of something very nice (or chocolate!).
Ah, Bilby, another immaculate conception I suppose...

Bilby P. Dalgyte said...

Well obviously they had one 17 years ago but I have actually deductively reasoned that they currently don't and haven't for some time. Not going to discuss that though because one) it's my parents. two) my reasoning involves a series of personal issues and family problems so just shed a tear for poor old Bilby here and leave this poor, troubled, (but inquisitive!) kid alone... *sob*

Speaking of illnesses. The flu. Bleh, it's terrible don't you think? Especially during exams... so you itch, I sniffle, together we could form a "stay at least 5 feet away" club. People with swine flu can join in and it'll be a party where no one talks to each other or dances.

Gail Coleman said...

Dear Lord, I was eating an apple when I read this and had an overwhelming urge to gag (I like that topical word).
Not even the world's most expensive chocolate could make me go there.
Hope you remain well.

Michele said...

Know what you mean, Gail. I nearly choked on my sausage roll when I walked out of the supermarket.

A Wicked Evangelist said...

Ahh yes, one of our favourite sayings at Wicked Campers. This saying is featured on a couple of vans in our fleet... definitely grabs a bit of attention.

Michelle if you have a favourite saying you'd like to see on the back of one of our vans, let me know and I'll get one of our spraypainters to pop it on a van and I'll send you the photo!

Michele said...

Are you for real?! I'd love to. Let me think about it and I'll get back to you. By the way, we see heaps of your vans down here in Albany.