Friday, July 31, 2009

Muffy the Wonder Dog


Pic: Craig Barrow

If it's as cold in your neck of the woods as it is in mine, you can at least warm the cockles of your heart by checking out the story of Muffy the dog.
My son sent me the link yesterday and it's a ripper. You'll find it here.
Sorry I haven't been around much lately but the weather's been brilliant, if freezing, and I've been outside every day digging, weeding, planting and painting (walls not pictures, unfortunately).
While I was down the bottom of the garden planting quince trees yesterday, I spotted what I thought was a really big pelican out of the corner of my eye.
Turned out it was a lunatic (and I say that with the greatest admiration) paraglider doing aerial "wheelies" over Mt Clarence, so I raced inside and grabbed my camera.

To put this pic (and his/her altitude) in perspective, here's another one taken without the zoom. The paraglider is the tiny little dot you can see to the right of the crest of the hill if you've got really good eyesight and a better camera than mine (as in, now I've made the pic smaller I can't see a bloody thing but if you click on it you'll get a bigger and better image).

Today I have to finish up some painting but I'll be back next week with bells on.
See you then.

12 comments:

Suzanne said...

I love the story about the little dog. I hope they have the reunion on the news, that would be something to see.

On a completely irrelevant note, did you realise you had 5 postings in May (the 5th month), 6 in June, and 7 in July. I'm a numbers nut, I notice these things. My kids think I'm crazy, but I can't help it. Car numberplates fascinate me; how's that for sad.

Suzanne said...

Oops, forgot to mention the lunatic. Congratulations on a great shot. I saw a paraglider really close as I was driving down Wanneroo/Lancelin Road one day. Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera with me. It would also have been a great shot.

Bilby P. Dalgyte said...

I can JUST make out this little black dot on the wider image. I think it's only a pixel large so if it had been shrunk anymore then it'd be impossible to see.

Hooray for Muffy!

Hey, do you think my rabbit will come back too? His name was Wiggles and was the cutest little thing that loved being petted. Less than 24 hours after we got it he had run away and we never saw him again............ hmm... smart bunny. Don't know how he got out of the cage. So the next day we got his sister, Fweckles (I named both btw) who looked pretty much identical :P She now has 7 or 8 kids, 3 of which live with her, and hasn't tried to escape :)

Michele said...

Suzanne, I'd like to be able to say the sequence of posts was planned in a devilish Da Vinci code type way, but unfortunately it wasn't. I can understand the numbers thing - my thing is codes. Have you read Simon Singh's The Code Book and Fermat's Last Theorem? Both of them are brilliant. I've always wanted a car number plate that says HUP 234.
Bilby, I think Wiggles may have gone to the great hutch in the sky. Round of applause for Fweckles, though, for choosing to stay in a confined space with three kids.

Denise said...

Getting back to the story of Muffy, she looks so sad in her photo, almost reflecting what her owners must have felt all of these years, both missing each other so much. Reading the news articles today, owner Chloe was only 9 when she lost her dog, but has never stopped thinking and talking about her..even though she's now 18.

Suzanne said...

Thanks for the book tips, I'll check at the library next time I'm there.
Luv the number plate; maybe you can order it now for when we reach the H's! My husband's no. plate is CHR 896. Means nothing to anyone else, but we both have sons named Chris, and my ex & I broke up in Sept(9)'86. My mind can make something out of anything!
By the way, are you sure you're a mother? I mean, applause, confined space, 3 kids - come on.

Michele said...

Yep, I'm sure I'm a mother. But if I'd been locked in a hutch with the two of them I just as surely would've tunneled my way out.

Suzanne said...

I get your point now. Applause is definitely due to the brave bunny mummy. Yesterday I was a bit vague - a tooth abscess, double whammy antibiotics, and strong pain killers will do that to you.;D

Bilby P. Dalgyte said...

The cage is quite large. You can walk into it and stand up. At least 2.5 metres in length with two sections so if you had to be stuck with 3 kids and you're a rabbit then it's a pretty good place to be stuck in.

Michele said...

Can I move in? Sounds better than our place.

Bilby P. Dalgyte said...

Yes. But you only get two meals a day. Please do not eat my rabbits...

Michele said...

Farmed rabbits at the IGA in town are selling for $22 EACH. I love a nice rabbit casserole (the Two Fat Ladies have an excellent recipe involving anchovies, capers and vermouth) but I nearly passed out when I saw the price. Even so, I'd keep an eye on Fweckles and fwiends if I were you.