Monday, April 13, 2009

Channeling Elvis 2


I decided to forgo the french toast cut into bunny rabbit shapes and do this magnificent creation for Easter instead.
Granted, it looked better in the magazine, but even then they had to use blurry soft-focus photography to get away from that "I lost control of my bowels while skiing" look.
It's called Choc Coconut Ice Cream Cake and I got the recipe from a New Idea mag, as in I was allowed to rip the recipe out of the magazine when I was at the hairdresser last week (thank you, Shelley).
This cake is a mixture of vanilla ice cream, crushed Choc Ripple biscuits, toasted coconut, mini marshmallows, strawberry-flavoured dessert topping, Ice Magic and M&Ms Speckled Eggs.
So delicious. So Elvis.

5 comments:

Bilby P. Dalgyte said...

Truly worthy of cakewrecks.

I won't lie... that looks delicious... to a monkey. I'm not a monkey. (I also don't eat chocolate so made my opinion is biased and therefore it really IS a wonderful piece of.... food?)

Gail Coleman said...

Heavens Michele, have you come down from the ceiling yet? I'd be floating on a sugar high for weeks if I ate that. To be honest, I'd probably pinch the chocies off the top.

Michele said...

I've discovered late in life that when it comes to dessert I was born not to be mild. Truth is, the echidna pav tasted a lot sweeter. I couldn't go beyond a couple of mouthfuls. This could be because you were supposed to use sliced nectarines for the spines rather than the chocolate mint sticks I went for. I surmise from your comment, Gail, that your bum is probably a lot smaller than mine.

Gail Coleman said...

Oh Michele, if only. My bum is so wide I need two cameras to take a shot of me. Anyway, I don't need to actually eat the food, just looking at it piles on the kilos.

Unknown said...

Oh Gail, i feel the same... look at food and somehow the kilos seem to stack on...glad i am not the only one...